Compostable paper for Coffee and Tea
As we all know, nowadays products that contain plastic but are not compostable can become a big problem. This concern has inspired us to develop a new family of products called COMPOFILT.
Our new COMPOFILT meets the EN 13432 standard for compostability of materials, which naturally disintegrates in 10 weeks. COMPOFILT also has the four-star OK Biobased certification, which indicates the highest percentage of renewable raw materials.
Our new filter paper offers a plastic-free and certified compostable alternative. The technology consists of replacing plastic with PLA, a material that has the same properties, but is renewable, biodegradable and compostable.
PLA is a biopolymer derived completely from sugar extracts of annually grown plants (maize). PLA meets the food contact requirements for the hot beverage industry and is compostable according to EN13432.
100% renewable and compostable
- Substance: 16,5 to 35 g/m2
- Composition: Blend of abaca fibres, cellulose and PLA.
- Heat-sealable tea bags and Pods, Pads and Coffee Capsules.
- It offers consistent extraction quality and minimal coffee grounds in the cup.
- It offers excellent brewing capacity and good retention of tea particles.
- Compostable, certified by TUV Austria
- Excellent runnability
- High yield
- Good wet and dry strength
- Neutral odour and taste